Headquartered in Springfield, Big Y is one of the largest independently owned supermarket chains in New England. Family owned and operated, it currently operates 61 locations throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts.
The $1.4 million renovation project at the Big Y World Class Market at 33 Fieldstone Commons in Tolland began on June 10 and was turned over in late September. NDC and our team of subcontractors used a phased schedule to complete the work between 8 pm and 7 am to minimize interruption to business operations.
- 59,108 square foot retail facility
- New Bakery coffee counter, bread wall, and 8’ donut case
- New Deli case, self-serve cheese island and olive case
- New Floral bouquet case and counter with custom millwork
- Extensive new Food Service area
- Rework of the Prepared Foods line and replacement of all cases including the large grab and go cases.
- Relocation of the Front Entry including the install of a new 26’ wide air door entry.
- New finishes throughout including flooring, paint, trim and FRP wallcovering.